Lance and I have not gotten our pictures from the wedding yet, so I thought I would do a post on our honeymoon. It was wonderful. We did a lot of hiking (some parts where rock climbing at my bachelorette party came in handy ... which was lance's favorite part). My favorite was when we took a boat out on the water to go whale watching. We saw so many ... it was amazing. We actually were even able to see them from our balcony. We of course did the road to Hana & went to the top of Haleakala Crater (A dormant volcano measuring 10,000 feet above sea level, it is Maui's highest point.) Needless to say ... we kept busy and had a great time. Here are a couple interesting facts we learned while there (from our brochures lol) ... & some pictures of our stay :)
- There are no snakes in Hawaii … in face they are illegal.
- Hawaii’s average water temperature is 74º F.
- Hawaii is one of four states that ban billboards.
- Four to six thousand humpback whale’s visit the islands every winter.
- Hawaii’s state fish is the humuhumunukunukuapuaa. The name is pronounced “who moo who moo new coo new coo ah poo ah ah”