"... And she smiles at the future." ~Proverbs 31:25

Thursday, February 12, 2009

a new heart with new and right desires

At the beginning of this year I set some goals for myself.  I wanted to be more focused on the right things that God has put in my heart.  I guess you could call it a New Year's resolution .... but I just call it "life."  Well, today I realized that I am actually making these things happen.  The reason this is such a big deal for me .... I'm a huge procrastinator!!!  Well, praise the Lord for his mercy and strength!!  This morning I was praying and noticed this tree outside my window.  Instantly I thought of new beginnings and how I am like this tree .... growing!!!!  I know I have a long way to go (similar to the tree) ... but thanks to Jesus I have started down a path that God has designed for me.
 
"No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven."   Philippians 3:13-14
    "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so you will obey my laws and do whatever I command."  Ezekiel 35:25-27

4 comments:

Jaimie said...

That is so good...I am right there with you:)

lori bunk said...

i concur

Unknown said...

this is awesome Jeni! Just wait til May when that little tree starts blooming!

Kathy said...

May God continue to use that tree to show you the differnet seasons on your journey and how you will weather storms. Here's to growing God's way.