"... And she smiles at the future." ~Proverbs 31:25

Saturday, June 25, 2011

for real?

Did you ever get the feeling that you are not actually living in reality? For example, after Lance and I came home from our honeymoon, I felt like we were just 'playing' house. It didn't seem real. It just seemed like I was dreaming (in a good way.) Well, that's how I feel now. I am a MOM. crazy! When I was in the hospital with him I almost felt like I was with my nephew. Now that I am home, it seems almost like he is on loan. What did I do to deserve such a wonderful little man? Or better yet, who and why is someone trusting the life of another human being in my hands? I feel so blessed and so undeserving. I just watch him while he is sleeping and think "do I really get to keep him"? Wouldn't you think the same thing if you saw this face everyday ..............

4 comments:

Mom said...

You and Lance are already amazing parents. I tell everyone how you were made to be parents and do it so well. So proud of you both, adjusting so incredible well and it is your first baby. Your house is full of the peace of God and His Love. And Judah does not know yet how blessed and loved he truly is.

Keri said...

the answer to your question is YES! I can't wait until we get to see each other more often again ha ha.
I love that your blogging - dont stop!

lori bunk said...

cutest picture of him yet!
XOXOXOX

April Maus said...

I LOVE your post!! I hope this is the beginning of many more Jeni thoughts and Judah pics to come. You and Lance are amazing parents already...you two have eased into this parenting thing so well :)